Career Change: Unexpected
Sadly and for safety reasons, the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic, has caused an overwhelming amount of businesses and schools to shut down here in the United States. To continue, this has resulted in a lot of people becoming unemployed and some college students forced to return home or reside in the dorms without classroom instruction. Residing near a military installation, I can tell you that the federal government is working above and beyond to combat this pandemic. To continue, more federal government jobs have been created due to the need for additional help with caring for people who have become ill, homeless, and unemployed. Currently, the federal government is hiring and advertising over 500 positions daily in the following fields: medical, researchers, social services, recent graduates; cyber security, transportation, administration, culinary, management, and this list goes on. And, the possibility for obtaining a federal government job is very high to include a federal contractor position.
Federal Job Benefits
Moreover, the process for obtaining employment with the federal government usually takes awhile; however, due to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) there are direct hire authorities that are in place to expedite the hiring process. If you ever thought about working for the federal government, now is the time. Everyone knows the federal government has some of the best education, retirement, and health benefit packages for their employees to include job security. Some of the benefits include thrifts savings plans (TSP), federal retirement system (FERS), and government employees health association (GEHA). Moreover, in some states federal employees are currently working from home and supporting the mission essential workers (military & civilians) who are on the frontline fighting Covid-19.
Job Search & Faith
Due to the pandemic, new federal employment positions were created to help combat Covid-19 and provide support to our great nation. Moreover, I have included a brief list of wonderful opportunities that are advertised on USAJOBS [dot] gov and this list contains direct hire positions. Additionally, you can put your city and state in the search field which will allow you to see all the available jobs in your area. When it comes to applying for USAJOBS, apply to jobs that state: “open to the public and ones that have closing dates within three weeks from the open date.” To continue, if you have a special preference such as veteran status, please be sure to note that on your questionnaire. After you have applied for a job, always remember to pray in accordance to this Bible verse: “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” Mark 11:24 KJV Have Faith in God. In Jesus Name, Amen.
- Program Specialist (COTR), DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Dallas, Texas Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP)
- Maintenance Mechanic, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Facilities Management Service
- Guest Services Representative, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE, Air Mobility Command
- Lead Supply Technician, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Chaplain, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Social Worker, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Helicopter Pilot, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE, Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, 920 RESCUE WG
- IT Specialist (APPSW), SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Office of Capital Access
- Cook Supervisor, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Social Worker (FAMILY ADVOCATE & PREVENTION COORDINATOR) DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Great Plains Regional Office – Division of Human Services
- Food Service Worker, DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration